Thursday, 22 April 2010

Media Product - 'Beautiful Stranger', Variations of a Portrait

 Vangel Imre, Beautiful Stranger Variations


The subject of my Media product is the relationship between the original image of a person and the several drawn versions I produced from it. The 'Beautiful Stranger' series present three reproductions of a single photo through a different medium and done with different materials.What I find interesting about that is how each new image adds a new layer of meaning to the original by emphasizing on certain aspects of it and leaving out others. I started with a simple pencil drawing which highlights the main features of the model. After finishing that, I scanned it and digitally coloured it with a great deal of help from my brother. For the final third version of the portrait I took the pencil drawing and using an eraser and aqua colour pencils , reconstructed it creating a new coloured version. My idea was not only to examine the difference between drawing from life and using a photo of the model, but also to demonstrate the way we see and change nature as we try to imitate it in Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment