Mind at Peace
The salt of our numbered days
on the dry tongue of the time that's passed .
And it's true that time heals all wounds -
all pain is healthy in small doses.
Life is pain and each day is a small dose.
Покой
Солта на дните преброени
по сухия език на отминалото време.
И вярно е че всички рани то лекува.
по сухия език на отминалото време.
И вярно е че всички рани то лекува.
На малки дози всяка болка е полезна.
Болка е животът и малка доза всеки ден е.
Болка е животът и малка доза всеки ден е.
"Poetry is what gets lost in translation"
- Robert Frost

This is a poem I wrote a week ago, after a long period of not trying to write.
ReplyDeleteIt was originally written in Bulgarian, my native language. But I felt that this one wouldn't be so difficult to translate into English because of it's straightforward and philosophical character.
Although I managed to preserve its original meaning, some of the nuances of the Bulgarian words were lost, as well as the elegant use of inversion which made it sound more like an aphorism.
I chose to post this here, because it illustrates the words of Robert Frost quite well.
There's indeed a mystery about the alchemy of words, which poetry uses!